Thursday, May 24, 2007

Celebrating Easter with Cousins

The kids decorated eggs the day before Easter and had fun spending quality time together. Easter morning, we woke up and the kids opened their presents from the Easter Bunny and hunted for the Easter eggs.




After breakfast we attended a church in downtown Doylestown. Very traditional to say the least. There was a graveyard right outside of the church doors. The men all wore nice suits and
a lot of the women wore hats and bonnets. The kids were dressed to the hilt as well. The service was a little dry (correction--a lot dry) and there was a lot of sitting and then standing...sitting and then standing. The church was absolutely gorgeous and had the traditional organ and pipes. The architechture back East is really beautiful, especially the churches.

After church the kids played while the women worked really hard in the kitchen. I have no idea where the men were at this point. Probably napping somewhere I'm sure. Some friends of Rob and Lisa's came over for an early Easter dinner and we all sat around the table and talked. It was a lot of fun. The kids all played in the basement and with the door closed we couldn't hear a peep. Let me tell you--I sooo wish the West Coast had basements. This basement was HUGE!!! They had just remodeled it and added a home theater in one corner. The equipment hadn't even arrived yet it was so new. The kids played in that basement the whole time we were there. It almost felt like we didn't have the kids with us on vacation. What more could parents ask for, right? I'm just kidding. I love my kids being around, but I must say it was nice to have some adult conversations without being interupted every 2 minutes. I'm getting myself a basement!

No comments: