Sunday, November 26, 2006

Surprise

After Derek's ODP test I surprised him with a weekend in the wine country. We went to McMinville, Oregon and stayed at the Oregon Hotel. It was very eclectic to say the least. We didn't have a toilet or shower in our room--they were both down the hall. The hotel did however give us nice robes to wear for the trek. After we checked into the hotel, we boarded a van and was whisked away to three local wineries. Derek didn't have a clue as to what we were doing until getting onto the van. It was a great surprise and we had a fantastic time!

The next day I took him to the Evergreen Aviation Museum, home of the Spruce Goose. He thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the aircraft. Now I know what it's like for him when I go into a scrapbooking or craft store. I enjoyed myself too because Derek was like a kid in a candy store and it was funny to watch. The weekend was very relaxing and wonderful, but we couldn't have done it without Derek's dad watching our children-- so thanks Bob we really appreciated it.

No comments: