Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Home Alone

OK--I know this is every mother's dream... a whole week at home without the kids.

Going on vacation without the kids is great, but just not the same. You are away from home, enjoying yourself immensely, but the things at home that need to be done aren't getting done. They'll still be there when you get back and so will the kids.

Now that my kids are gone and I'm at home by myself--it's the perfect time to get things done, right? Ooohhhh--I only wish it were that easy.

I have a ton of things to do around here...believe me! Things that need my complete attention without distractions, weeding out the toy room without little fingers taking them back out of the donation box, cleaning the whole house so it will be clean for at least a week anyway--just to name a few. But I can't seem to get motivated to do these things---WHY?

I think I've finally figured it out--my house is too darned quiet. I know, I know who wouldn't completely relish a quiet house? I was really looking forward to the peace and quiet, but I must say that the laughter and noise of my children is what makes me happy and keeps me motivated--not a quiet house. Notice how I didn't say the fighting, just the laughter and noise. :) I'll never miss the fighting!!

So my goal for the week is to blast some great Christian music so I can get some things done around here. When I'm finished with my projects, I am going to relish my quiet house and read some books, catch up on some chick flicks when Derek is at work, take really long baths, sleep in, go shopping, workout, meet some friends for coffee, get a massage, pedicure, facial, go out to dinner with my husband, go see a rated R movie.....................

Maybe I can convince my mom to keep the kids for just one more week. ;)

Don't feel too sorry for me being home alone--I think I'll be just fine.

No comments: